Page 23 sur 36 PremièrePremière ... 13212223242533 ... DernièreDernière
Affichage des résultats 221 à 230 sur 360

Discussion: Place du Canada et Place Dorchester : rénovations (2010 et ____)

Mtlurb Master

Par défaut Place du Canada et Place Dorchester : rénovations (2010 et ____)

À Montréal métropole culturelle, le maire a pris l'engagement face à Phyllis Lambert de réaménager les Places du Canada et Dorchester une fois la place d'Armes réaménagée.

Dernière modification par monctezuma ; 20/05/2011 à 21h24.

Par défaut

Citation Envoyé par saturnus85 Voir le message
    Cataclaw was talking about a single promoter building one tower instead of three on a single plot. Your argument is irrelevant. If the amount of floor space is the same, it's the same density, no matter how tall the building is.

As for Cataclaw's argument that we need 40+ storey office buildings to make public transit worthwhile: you're on crack!
    No, actually i was talking about building one 40+ floor building (office or otherwise) on 1/3 the land instead of building 3 smaller buildings spread out over 3x the land, exactly as pedepy was saying. You didn't read correctly.

As for saying we need 40+ storey office buildings to make transit worthwhile: again you didn't read. I favor mixed-use, not office-only. Your don't seem to understand the importance of density. It isn't about "one building" being 40-floors high. It's about a tendency to get the most out of our land. If one building is 3-storeys instead of 30, it won't have a major impact. But if you keep building 3-storeys instead of 30 --everywhere-- before long you'll have a suboptimal system.

Can we please get back on topic now?

Somebody needs to take some aerial shots of the squares, i think that would be cool.

Par défaut

cyrus, then you're saying deregulate everything and just let anyone build whatever they want, wherever they want ?

if that had been the case in this city, alot of projects built or proposed in recent years would've been built to their initial actually profitable propositions, if not built at all - as opposed to have gotten slashed or cancelled due to heavily repressive regulations.

the point i see in cataclaw's extreme example of building a mansion on the 900 de maisonneuve lot is, tax payers have and are still footing the bill to maintaing and operate expensive municipal infrastructures such a the metro that have been planned to accommodate a much higher density scenario.

even if the owner of that home would somehow be capable of paying the same kinds of taxes a 35 storey office tower on the same lot would have, it's still wasting the infrastructure's designed potential.

i think we can all easily agree that higher density is desirable in the downtown core and that minimal limit regulations would not magically create extra demand for highrise development. one way i think we *could* see this however, is that as it as been shown before, real estate growth isnt' necesserily dead in this city, and that incentives towards density coupled with a loosening of various bylaws and processes that often tend to interefere with development by slowing it down and reducing it's size, might perhaps help funnel that growth into the downtown area, in the form of shiny glass towers on otherwise unoccupied lots instead of having it spread around the island, in no organized fashion whatsoever.

Par défaut

Somebody needs to take some aerial shots of the squares, i think that would be cool.
    http://blog.fagstein.com/2010/06/23/...pens/#comments

There's at least one aerial shot! I don't remember the camillienne/beershack being so close to the garage access, must have moved.

Par défaut

Citation Envoyé par MTLskyline Voir le message
    Damn you! You beat me to it

Past

Par défaut

Heu la fontaine et la 2ieme vespacienne sont où ?

Par défaut

It is amazing... in that picture, it shows a vibrant, commercial sector. I love that there were storefronts on the south side of the Dominion Square Bldg. That's our problem today... everything is Ste Catherine St or die. We have a shopping corridor instead of a shopping neighborhood.

Par défaut

Wow! It looks much nicer than I thought! I'll have to go check it out myself this week!

Par défaut

Citation Envoyé par internationalx Voir le message
    It is amazing... in that picture, it shows a vibrant, commercial sector. I love that there were storefronts on the south side of the Dominion Square Bldg. That's our problem today... everything is Ste Catherine St or die. We have a shopping corridor instead of a shopping neighborhood.
    Quartier Dix-30!

Discussions similaires

1. 1 Place Olympique
    Par PLT dans le forum Projets oubliés et/ou en suspens
    Réponses: 63
    Dernier message: 19/10/2010, 09h38
  2. sq dorcester / place du canada ... dU FUTUR !!!!
    Par pedepy dans le forum Visions
    Réponses: 20
    Dernier message: 15/01/2010, 19h11
  3. Place d'Armes
    Par Vaillant dans le forum L'actualité - Current events
    Réponses: 2
    Dernier message: 29/07/2009, 14h41
  4. Paul Martin : le Canada risque de perdre sa place mondiale
    Par ErickMontreal dans le forum L'actualité - Current events
    Réponses: 0
    Dernier message: 12/11/2008, 19h56

Règles de messages